I write to thank you for the excellent training program/workshop you
conducted for us a few weeks ago in Cairo on 'Contract Drafting'.
I have now had an opportunity to review the evaluation forms in detail and
they all confirm the very positive feedback we got verbally. The grading
across the board was between '4' and '5', i.e. very good and excellent.
Participants used words such as 'lively and well structured', ' very
beneficial', and 'perfect refreshment on basic legal information'.
We look forward to more programmes in Cairo.
- Dr Shalakany, Senior and Managing Partner Shalakany Law Office, Cairo
It’s with pleasure that I can recommend BLC to any interested party.
I can confirm the session that BLC and Deloitte Baku ran together on legal writing for lawyers in the beginning of November 2012 was well delivered and we received great feedback from the students.
Thank you and look forward to working together in the future.
- Nuran Kerimov, Partner, Tax & Legal Services, Deloitte & Touche LLC, Azerbaijan
I especially appreciate the information and advice you have provided during the seminar. I have gained valuable insight into the Anglo-Saxon legislation system over the seminar. I’m sure it will be very useful in relations with foreign companies. Also I’m very interested in the International Legal English certificate course and will be glad to participate.
- Botagoz Arystanbekova, Akbulak Club Resort LLP, Kazakhstan
Legal writing workshops
The next 1 day workshops will be held in Dubai on 13th May 2013. Prices vary depending upon locationOur Legal writing workshops are run over one days and are training sessions for practicing lawyers and law students. The training improves their skills of writing legal English and general correspondence to enable them to write clear, concise contracts and letters.
The speakers are all practicing lawyers who are also lawyer/linguists with experience of International law practices.
Outline of the seminar:
Participants will gain experience and understanding of the essential skills of writing concisely and clearly in plain English. The training will include drafting clear contracts, letters, reports, legal arguments and other documents.
The seminarsare delivered by a British lawyer used to the multicultural, international flavour of modern business. The seminar will simulate realistic work based tasks.
There are numerous breakout sessions, for the participants to work through the material in the presentations in teams led by the trainer.
All of this is intended to require full input from the participants to ensure they gain a solid working understanding of the principles and basics of writing clearly, concisely and accurately.
• The basics of good writing
• Rules of general correspondence
• Using plain English
• Planning letters and documents
• Brevity, concision and accuracy
• Negotiating and recording deals
• Structuring contracts for ease of understanding
• Checklists, proofreading and style of documents
Participants will learn how to:
• Eliminate unnecessary words and phrases
• Avoid basic errors in letters and contracts which cause confusion later
• Understand the importance and characteristics of clear writing
• Be able to draft well structured, practical, clear and concise documents
• Approach drafting with increased confidence
• Use clear specific words and phrases to communicate with others
• Network and interact with speakers and attendees to share experiences and learn about opportunities.
Who should attend:
• Legal directors and corporate counsel;
• Practicing lawyers;
• Lawyers advising international trading companies;
• Business Development Managers
• Paralegal staff involved in international law or with international clients.
The course helps delegates improve their general writing skills and approach to drafting typical commercial letters, e-mails, reports and documents.
Team of trainers:
Our team of speakers for our legal writing seminars are all highly qualified lawyers who are also teachers and trainers of legal English and other legal skills. They all have extensive international teaching experience which is strengthened by their own years in legal practice:
Price: Prices vary depending upon the training venue and how many days of training are included.
The training in Jakarta in January will cost IDR 3,000,000 per person. The training in Dubai will cost AED 1650 per person. The training in Bucharest will cost Euro 100. Early booking and group discounts are available.
To obtain more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel +44 20 8 144 6440
+ (8) 050 269 3842
Jakarta: 62-21-2951-8594 - Kartika.