Excellent! I had a great, truly beneficial experience. I recommend Legal English courses even to native speakers! I've learnt here how to write better, more persuasive, using "tips & tricks" that no other school would teach! Thank you Mr. Brady.
- Ranete Ana Maria, lawyer in Bucharest, Romania
Let me begin by thanking you for the Contract Drafting course. It was extremely clear and useful, especially for a "civil law" user, given that our remedies are slightly different. What I appreciated the most were the lectures re representations, warranties, indemnities.
I have already recommended my colleagues to also join this course.
- Alessandro Chiarenza, Malta. Jan 2018
I must say that I had a wonderful time at the training and I learnt a lot. Lawyers in Anglo-Saxon countries say that the English language is a tool of their trade,yet so many don't use it effectively. The training equipped me with the necessary skills to use English legal writing to communicate more effectively.
- Denis Nono, Supervisor legal affairs, Uganda Tax Authority
LEGAL WRITING COURSES
Our Legal writing workshops are run over two half-days and are training sessions for practicing lawyers to improve their skills of writing legal English and general correspondence. The training assists them to write clear, concise contracts and letters.
There will be numerous breakout sessions, for the participants to work through the material in the presentations in teams led by the trainer. The workshop encourages input from the participants to discuss the difficulties and issues they face in their writing to ensure they gain a solid working understanding of the principles and basics of writing clearly, concisely and accurately.
• Rules of general correspondence
• Using plain English
• Planning letters and documents
• Brevity, concision and accuracy
• Negotiating and recording deals
• Structuring contracts for ease of understanding
• Checklists, proofreading and style of documents
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
Participants will learn how to:
• Avoid basic errors in letters and contracts which cause confusion later
• Understand the importance and characteristics of clear writing
• Be able to draft well structured, practical, clear and concise documents
• Approach drafting with increased confidence
• Use clear specific words and phrases to communicate with others
• Network and interact with speakers and attendees to share experiences and learn about opportunities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
• Practicing lawyers;
• Lawyers advising international trading companies;
• Business Development Managers
• Paralegal staff involved in international law or with international clients.