Once again I would like to thank you for the course you’ve delivered last week and for having given me personally some grounds, knowledge and tools to maintain my position in my daily talks to our legal group when bidding for a job we’re tasked to work on a customer-provided draft contract in an effort to tailor it to meet our internal standards and to align it with the commercial proposal we make.
I would be pleased to continue on the training courses you offer in the future, please add my e-mail address to your distribution list. I’ve also circulated the word on your international legal English certificate course you’re planning to have in Almaty among my colleagues.
- Yevgeniy YEVGRAFOV, Parker Drilling Company International Limited, Kazakhstan
Excellent! I had a great, truly beneficial experience. I recommend Legal English courses even to native speakers! I've learnt here how to write better, more persuasive, using "tips & tricks" that no other school would teach! Thank you Mr. Brady.
- Ranete Ana Maria, lawyer in Bucharest, Romania
Let me begin by thanking you for the Contract Drafting course. It was extremely clear and useful, especially for a "civil law" user, given that our remedies are slightly different. What I appreciated the most were the lectures re representations, warranties, indemnities.
I have already recommended my colleagues to also join this course.
- Alessandro Chiarenza, Malta. Jan 2018
US AND UK CONTRACT LAW
1. Offer and Acceptance – The wording of contracts, notification of acceptance, counter-offers
2. Valuable consideration – what can and cannot be given, paid, transferred.
3. Intention to create a contract, mistakes, misunderstandings and impossibility
4. Capacity to create a contract,
5. Illegal contracts and contracts which are in restraint of trade, contrary to public policy,
6. Privity of Contract, exceptions, the rights of third-parties, avoidance of contracts, void contracts,
7. Contract wording, express and implied terms. The UK Sale of Goods Act, The US Uniform Commercial Code.
8. Exclusion clauses, limitations and exceptions
9. Performance of the contract, Part performance, Quantun Meruit, Substantial performance, Anticipatory breach
10. Agency and Estoppel. The power of company employees to bind companies.
11. Termination of Contracts, frustration, breach, breach of warranties, conditions, infringement of terms
12. Remedies for Breach of contract, Damages, Liquidated Damages, Specific performance, Punitive damages.
Participants will learn how to:
o Recognise the essential requirements of a contract- Avoid basic errors which invalidate contracts or cause confusion later.
o Understand and recognise the different types of breach of contract and the resulting different remedies which can be applied.
o Approach contract disputes with increased confidence about their client’s rights and remedies.
o Use clear specific words and phrases to set out requirements
o Network and interact with speakers and attendees to share experiences and learn about opportunities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Legal directors and corporate counsel;
- Practicing lawyers;
- Legal practitioners advising international trading companies;
- Business Development Managers
- Business people involved in international trade.
Richard Brady Is a qualified British lawyer and legal english language teacher.
Our team of Seminar presenters and speakers for the Banking law and lending procedures seminar are all highly qualified lawyers who are also teachers and trainers of legal English and other legal skills. They all have extensive international teaching experience which is strengthened by their own years in legal practice:
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued at the end of the seminar.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Telephone: (Skype) +44 208 144 6440