Company and Corporate Law
THE COURSE INCLUDES more
- Reading, writing, speaking and listening exercises
- Practical Company and Corporate Law overview and details
- Glossary with definitions
- Authentic company documents
- Language of company formation, capitalisation, corporate governance and director’s duties
- Course certificate upon completion
- Discount on the price of attendance at Summer Schools
- The opportunity for one-2-one video conferencing to assist with pronunciation and technical legal questions
- The essential law and terminology of Company, Partnership and Corporate Law and related financial transactions such as debentures and crystalisation.
- The course includes explanations of essential Legal English words and phrases needed by lawyers working in this area of Law.
COURSE CONTENTS more
- The History and Development of Anglo-Saxon Corporate Law and Partnership Law
- Types of business structures and business vehicles, including limited Companies, Partnerships, Limited Liability partnerships
- Modern Corporations – Incorporation, Capitalisation, Initial public offerings, Types of shares and associated rights.
- Corporate Governance – Directors Duties, Shareholders powers and rights, Company Secretaries and other day to day regulatory matters.
- One tier Board and two tier Supervisory Board structures and their duties and powers.
- Company restructuring I - Increasing and reducing share capital, Mergers and Acquisitions,
- Company restructuring 11 - Demerger, Spin offs, Split-offs.
- E U Company law and policy, conflict of laws in international trade, anti-monopoly legislation.
- The Law of Agency, Estoppel and the Rule in Turquand’s case. How directors and officers can bind companies.
- Raising corporate finance – Debentures, loans, mortgages, Fixed and Floating charges, crystalisation of charges.
- The practical steps and documentation involved in borrowing money, registering charges (perfection of charges)
- The distinction between Public and private companies, small shareholder protection
- The practical steps and documentation involved in registering companies, issuing shares, holding board and shareholder meetings
- White collar crime, company fraud and statutory requirements on Company officers.
- Winding up and compulsory liquidation, division of assets on closure of a business
COURSE TERMINOLOGY more
The essential law and terminology of Company, Partnership and Corporate Law and related financial transactions such as debentures and crystalisation. The course includes explanations of essential Legal English words and phrases needed by lawyers working in this area of Law.