Contract Law Course
THE COURSE INCLUDES more
- 15 Live video-conferencing lessons
- On-line exercises to test reading ability
- On-line exercises to test listening ability
- On-line exercises to test writing ability
- On-line exercises and live discussions to test speaking ability
- On-line exercises and live discussions to teach the law of Contract
- full vocabulary guide of essential words and phrases together with their legal meaning
- authentic contracts and documentation
- practice in writing and preparing genuine commercial contracts
- the essential law of Contract
- contract terminology and vocabulary
- a course certificate, following satisfactory performance during the course from the Trainer and British Legal Centre
- individual feedback to each participant following the end of course exam
- 25% Discount on the price of attendance at British Legal Centre’s Summer Schools
COURSE CONTENTS more
The course contains the full vocabulary of commercial contracts, documents and agreements together with a full overview of the Law of Contract.
- An Introduction to Contract Law through its history and development. A contract’s basis. Contractual Obligations – Contract negotiation
- The Agreement, Estoppel, Misrepresentation, Mistake, Undue Influence, the requirements and construction of a contract.
- Offer and Acceptance – The wording of contracts, notification of acceptance, counter-offers
- Valuable consideration – what can and cannot be given, paid, transferred.
- The intention to create a contract, capacity to create a contract, the certainty of the contract’s subject matter
- Illegal contracts and contracts which are in restraint of trade, contrary to public policy, impossible, mistaken or mis-understood
- Privity of Contract, exceptions, the rights of third-parties, avoidance of contracts, void contracts, Tort. Bailees
- Contract wording, express and implied terms. The Sale of Goods Act in UK, The Uniform Commercial Code in US.
- Exclusion clauses, limitations and exceptions
- Changes to existing contracts, frustration and delay, contracts for the carriage of goods, mitigation of damage and financial loss, existing duties
- Performance of the contract, Part performance, Quantun Meruit, Substantial performance, Anticipatory breach
- Termination of Contracts, frustration, breach, breach of warranties, conditions, infringement of terms
- Remedies for Breach of contract, Damages, Liquidated Damages, Specific performance, Punitive damages.
- Contracts required to be in writing, special exceptions, E contracts, shrink wrap contracts
- Final Course exam followed by individual feedback to each participant
COURSE TERMINOLOGY more
A 15-unit, video-conferencing, interactive course which deals with the essential Legal English words and phrases lawyers need to work effectively in the area of contract law. This includes the legal principles of contract law and deals with breaches, remedies, estoppel, part-performance, restraint of trade, guaranties, indemnities, warranties, conditions and other essencial contract law.
MATERIALS FOR STUDENTS
On-line exercises and presentations