I must say that I had a wonderful time at the training and I learnt a lot. Lawyers in Anglo-Saxon countries say that the English language is a tool of their trade,yet so many don't use it effectively. The training equipped me with the necessary skills to use English legal writing to communicate more effectively.
- Denis Nono, Supervisor legal affairs, Uganda Tax Authority
For sure, everybody enjoyed the training. It was very nice to hear a native speaker, specially one with such high legal drafting techniques
- Wagner Osti Pedro, Embraco, Joinville, Brazil
Excellent course. I recommend the training 'Contract Drafting and Legal Writing'. It gave to me the chance to understand the need of Plain Legal English in contracts as a way to mitigate ambiguity or misinterpretation of a clause. Also the training clarified the context in which Anglo-Saxon Legal System is inserted, since the Brazilian Legal System is in a different one.
- Rafael Mechi Nunes, Sr. Contract Lawyer, Sao Paulo, Brazil
FIDIC CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS
The FIDIC Construction Contracts courses comprises 12 hours of training, spread over 2 consecutive days for lawyers and engineers. The courses covers all aspects FIDIC Contracts. These include the general course which covers the obligations, advantages and disadvantages of each type of contract. There are also more specialised courses dealing individually with the Red Book, Yellow Book and Silver Book Contracts. These cover each type of contract in detail including an examination of best practices to deal with change orders, notices and variations together with a full explanation of each stage of the dispute resolution mechanisms of the contracts.
This course will enable participants to advise and deal with FIDIC contracts and their inherent problems with confidence and
Participants will be able to:
· Understand the legal implications of the technical words, phrases and obligations different FIDIC contracts.
· Avoid situations which may give rise to problems later on.
· Define each party’s obligations clearly to comply with FIDIC principles.
· Understand the changing role and obligations of the Engineer according to which form of contract is used.
· Be able to advise on the changing risk to the parties according to the different FIDIC contracts.
· Write and use clear, specific notices, words and phrases to communicate legal Information.
· Advise on FIDIC contracts generally, Including their duties and related issues.
Participants will gain an understanding of the practical and legal requirements relating to:
1. Which FIDIC contract is best for each situation including the advantages and disadvantages of each and the respective sharing of risks between the Employer and Contractor.
2. The Engineer’s role and duties under each different type of FIDIC contract including the changing role and functions of the Engineer according to which contract is used.
3. Dispute resolution mechanisms under different types of contract including mediation and arbitration.
4. Dealing with change orders and unexpected problems in construction.
5. Examples of notices, and the law relating to their service, so as to avoid unfair criticism.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
• Corporate counsel and engineers from companies involved the Construction Industry;
• Practicing lawyers;
• Legal practitioners advising Construction, and Oil and Gas companies;
• Business people involved in the Construction Industry.
All the instructors are either qualified British lawyers with experience of the Energy Industry or qualified Engineers with any years of experience in providing FIDIC Contract training. The lead trainers will be Richard Brady, the head of the British legal centre, and Salwa Fawzy, Fellow CIArb and qualified engineer.
Both of Richard Brady & Salwa Fawzy train Lawyers and Construction Engineers in North Africa and the UAE in subjects relating to the construction industry, contract drafting and international dispute resolution.
You can find more information about Richard and Salwa, including their CV's, at: www.british-legal-centre.com/en/Seminar_speakers.html
For prices and more information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coffee, Refreshments, Post-Conference Reception & Conference Materials are included in the cost of registration.
FIDIC Accreditation is available, if required for training purposes.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued at the end of the seminar.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Telephone: (Skype) +44 208 144 6440