I must say that I had a wonderful time at the training and I learnt a lot. Lawyers in Anglo-Saxon countries say that the English language is a tool of their trade,yet so many don't use it effectively. The training equipped me with the necessary skills to use English legal writing to communicate more effectively.
- Denis Nono, Supervisor legal affairs, Uganda Tax Authority
For sure, everybody enjoyed the training. It was very nice to hear a native speaker, specially one with such high legal drafting techniques
- Wagner Osti Pedro, Embraco, Joinville, Brazil
Excellent course. I recommend the training 'Contract Drafting and Legal Writing'. It gave to me the chance to understand the need of Plain Legal English in contracts as a way to mitigate ambiguity or misinterpretation of a clause. Also the training clarified the context in which Anglo-Saxon Legal System is inserted, since the Brazilian Legal System is in a different one.
- Rafael Mechi Nunes, Sr. Contract Lawyer, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Manual - How to access Online Legal English Lessons
The Legal English lessons are held in the form of online conference. You may be setting in any City in the world and still be able to attend Legal English online courses.
All you need is a PC or a laptop, a video camera with a head set and internet connection. No additional software is required or needs to be installed! Our system allows you to join the video-conference lesson with 3 easy steps.
1. Check your computer system is operating correctly.
2. Open "Join the lesson" tab in your student profile.
3. Click the link "Join the lesson".
- Ensure that the equipment you are using is set up properly. You will need a web cam. Please check to ensure the microphone and the web cam operate correctly so you will not have any audio or video problems.
- Make sure the latest version of your browser and Adobe Flash Player are installed on your computer. Please check www.adobe.com for updates.
- If the Flash Player Settings box requires you perform some action before you join the conference. Please always choose “Allow”. If you chose “Deny” no video, sound, SMD will function during the conference.
- Check that no other application is using the camera (Skype, MSN messanger, etc)
- Use a headset if possible
You will see a notification when the lesson is due to begin
Check your head set and the microphone, enter your name and press Next.
You can set up the language of the conference interface. English is set by default
You can also change the conference members’ video layout. Press the button Video Layout in the top right corner and adjust the video layout in the pop up window.
If you do not hear all the conference members please refresh the page and check if your headset is turned on. Adjust the loudness to suit your needs.
Please Download the Manual here or study the FAQ